Friday, June 29, 2007

Cuyahoga Valley

Cuyahoga Valley was nice, but a National Park? I wouldn't have thought so. It's very suburban-- you can't always tell where the park ends and someone's backyard begins. Two interstate highways cut through it, and a high tension power line cuts through from top to bottom and is visible from much of the park. It's probably the only National Park with a Wal-Mart a few blocks away.

Luckily, the weather was perfect-- sunny and in the mid 70s all day! What a contrast to the mid 90s up in Acadia. Had fun hiking, exploring, and finding waterfalls. But check this out:




I took the top pic today in Cuyahoga Valley, at a gorge overlook that was labeled "possibly the most scenic view in the park." The bottom pic I took the other day in Vermont, after being awed while driving over a random bridge and then pulling over to jump out and take a picture. Vermont wins.

5 comments:

Big Wall Nuts said...

I love the Vermont waterfall! -Laurel

Dan said...

yeah, vermont wins. let's hear about the creationism museum!

Fletch-Man said...

my vote: Vermont

Brian said...

Vermont totally wins. Wait until you get to some of the parks and landscapes in the west. They're mind-blowing!

Oh -- and you totally should have brought in a RunDMC era boom box when at Creationismpalooza. Naturally, it would be blaring MC Hawking's classic, "F#%& the Creationists."

Brian said...

Bummer. Google just splays out "Brian said..." when I post, which is the same thing that gets posted when Road Tripping Brian posts.

Since I am, sadly, not road tripping, but instead quite desk-bound, I'll sign my posts accordingly.

-Desk Brian