Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cruise: Day 4

We finally made landfall! We docked at Tortola, and we all boarded a smaller boat for our excursion to Virgin Gorda. On arrival, we boarded a bus for the Baths National Park. Here's where I really started to miss my camera. The Baths is known for beaches surrounded by giant boulders, some of which come together to form caves that you can wade in and explore.

The weather was beautiful; we spent some quality time on the beach, and got some snorkeling in, but the excursion was rather short. At least, thanks to the previous day's storm, we had extra time in Tortola. Back at the ship, we had a gross lunch at the buffet (where I got to hear another group of obese women complaining that there were not enough cookies). Then Alice and I headed out on our own to find a beach on Tortola. We took a cab to Cane Garden Bay, a beautiful sandy beach loaded with beach chairs and little bars, and spent the afternoon there before heading back to the ship.

Alice and I went to the sushi bar that night for all-you-can-eat sushi. The sushi was ok, but the waitress was inattentive and snippy. We ended up going back to Salsa for dessert. Um, desserts.

2 comments:

ScottyC said...

Dude, I take it cruises aren't your thing? I don't blame you. I don't think I like them much either. Hope you did have some fun. Sounds like the beaches were nice. I need a BES fix, so hurry back to town soon. Oh yeah, we have about 12" of snow on the ground up here. (so maybe you don't what to get back too fast).

Unknown said...

But there really weren't enough cookies! Unless I just didn't know where to look.