Saturday, January 31, 2009

Republica Dominica, Days 3 and 4

Finally some nice weather! We spent most of Day three on the beach, playing volleyball and enjoying the surf, sand, and sun. The downside to the good weather was that it brought out all of the backyard jungle players who were hiding inside on the previous days. So people basically just wanted to hit the first ball back over the net, people were in the net on every play, and about 90% of all contacts were illegal and nobody knew better or cared. The other downside was that I hurt my foot somehow. Tendinitis. maybe? I don't know, but at the end of the day, I couldn't walk any more.

The upside? This:

And this:

We woke up early for a snorkeling excursion on Day four. I don't remember too much of the trip, because I got seasick. I do remember seeing one of our guides standing on the reef (very bad) and that we were encouraged to feed the fish (also very bad. If you don't know why these things are bad, I'll explain in a comment but I'm not in the mood to get on a soapbox right now... I'm feeling seasick again just thinking about it!)

Alice took a few pictures from the boat, possibly while I was leaning over the side feeding the fish with the breakfast I had eaten a few hours earlier.




Spent most of the rest of the day lazing on the beach, thanks to good weather and my inability to walk.

No comments: