Tuesday, November 27, 2007

TurkeyBall 2007 - The End

Sunday morning, Doug packed for his flight and then he and I headed back to the beach. This time, however, there were far fewer people, and only one set of lines for a volleyball court, which was kept occupied the entire time we were there. After some beach time, we eventually gave up on playing and went to the bar for food and beverage. Amy and Brian joined us shortly after, and we managed to get in a quick game of 2s on our hand-dug lines, and then I took Doug to the airport for his flight back to Vernon.

Note to self: next time, bring lines!

Monday was somewhat less eventful, though Amy did treat us to steak lunches at Remington's before I took Ron to the airport for his flight back to warm, sunny CT. Thanks, Amy! Later that night, we watched the single worst Monday Night Football game ever-- it was so bad, it was like a car wreck: you couldn't help but watch.

And now, having driven all day, I am still in Florida! I'm in Pensacola. Man, Florida is huge. Still not sure where I'm going from here, but I'm thinking of looking for a poker game in the Biloxi/Gulfport area of Louisiana tomorrow.

Thanks again to Dayong and Ron for hosting such a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Pensacola! Where my both my mom and my wife are from (well, she's really from a dinky town called McDavid near there).

I don't remember much to see there besides Fort Barrancas, a Naval Air Station (where the Blue Angels fly out of), Pensacola Beach, my grandparents, lots of blue tarps (roofs missing after Katrina), and I think that's it.

Have fun on I10. Remember, when you get to the swamp, you're in MS :)

Unknown said...

You are very welcome, Brian, we always have a lot of fun spending time with our dear friends this time of the year. Will see you in less than two weeks.

Brian said...

Wow, Tom, I didn't know Jenn was from Pensacola! Nor your mom for that matter. If memory serves me right, our team leader from Raytheon was from here... as in "What's your status?" followed by UNCOMFORTABLE BLANK STARE.