Wednesday, November 21, 2007

TurkeyBall 2007 - Wednesday

This may not all fit into one blog post... may have to go one day at a time.

I arrived in Tampa at Dayong and Ron's place Wednesday morning after a chilly night in Jacksonville FL. On arrival, I met Feng, Dayong's friend from New York, and then I unpacked the Subaru and got ready for the beach. We drove to the airport and picked up Doug, who had just flown in from Vernon, and headed off to Fort De Soto, which was named 2005's Best Beach for some reason.

I'm going to interrupt myself for a moment and say a huge THANK YOU to Dayong and Ron for hosting another world class Thanksgiving vacation! Every year, their already unparalleled generosity exceeds that of the previous year. I am so lucky to have them as friends.

Anyway, back to Fort De Soto. This is supposed to be a common spot for sighting dolphins, but unfortunately for us the dolphins weren't around this time. We did see massive schools of bait fish darting around under the shade of the pier, and lots of herons which were plucking them out of the water. Then we went to the actual beach. There were no volleyball nets set up, so we just soaked up the sun while peppering a while before taking a dip in the gulf. Seafood and tropical drinks followed at Bahama Breeze, a chain restaurant I had not heard of before, but, being a chain restaurant, will surely exist in the Buckland area in a year or less.

We got home, uncorked a few bottles of wine, and I learned how to play dominos. Then we all played dominos and if memory serves me right, I lost every game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Obviously you had too much wine, you did not lose all the Domino games, you are second to last on one game.