Tuesday, July 3, 2007

North Dakota

My friend Scott is also blogging his trip out west! I might as well ask now, is anyone else that I know traveling west and blogging it?

I decided to skip Voyageurs National Park in northern Minnesota. It looks like you need to take a boat for most of the sights and activities, and I didn't really want to deal with that by myself. So instead, I am headed to Theodore Roosevelt National Park in western North Dakota.

Today was mostly a driving day, and traveling through North Dakota can be ah, uh, a bit monotonous. Fortunately, Alice's sister Kathy had loaned me a few travel books that point out some of the less obvious potential road trip destinations. For example, what you see here is (must be?) the largest stack of tin cans in the world, located in Casselton, ND.

And what you see below is a very rare albino buffalo, seen at the National Buffalo Museum in Jamestown, ND.

By the way, thanks for all the comments you've posted! I get a huge kick out of reading them. Keep 'em coming!

3 comments:

Big Wall Nuts said...

Mmm can you imagine all the beer you'd have to drink to make an aluminum pile like that? God to hear your ankle is OK, when I read "yeah, THAT ankle" I thought "oh shoot, THAT ankle" -- it didn't connect when we talked on the phone.

Unknown said...

Looking at your pictures and Scott's pictures are making me excited to visit you out West! - Although I hope the ratio of National Parks visited per miles driven is higher by then.

Donkey said...

Brian, I hope you realize how HAPPY you made Kathy with a mention of her books!!!! Enjoying the blog!