Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Reno, Nevada

Reno was profitable! Of course, getting dealt quads twice never hurts, especially when they have a high hand bonus in play!

I played 1/2 NL here. I actually started out playing terribly. I wasn't observing players, I was missing reads, and I even made an extremely amateur mistake when I mucked my hand to two opponents playing the board. Boy, did I feel dumb. It was also a little intimidating because it was a very local scene, meaning everyone at the table knew one another except me. But after winning a few hands I settled in, and as is often the case, there's no substitute for good old fashioned luck.

Crashed at a Motel 6 at about 1:00 AM, still got up before 7:00 AM. As tempting as it is to stay and "work" a little while longer, it's back to retirement for me. Hopefully will find Yosemite later today after breakfast at Denny's and maybe some Nevada geocaching.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've covered a lot of ground! Way to go, Brian! We're all thinking about you back here in Boston!

P.S. Did you shoot anyone just to watch him die?

Brian said...

Thanks Juan! Interesting question! I'll have to answer that in an later blog.